First Indemnity of America Insurance Company
2740 Rt. 10 West, Suite 205
Morris Plains, NJ 07950
Rated “A-” by A.M. Best
Through our accredited FIA Surety School, we offer continuing education courses for insurance agents. These courses are provided free of charge, a service of FIA Surety. You can participate in these teleconference sessions from the convenience of your home or office computer. Meet the school director.
Use the registration form below and join us for the next FREE CE webinar!
We are an approved CE provider in these states:
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
- New Course! June 1, 2022, Wednesday, 8:45 am to 12:20 pm Eastern time, Zoom webinar CE class “General Indemnity Agreements – Be An Expert!” (3 CE Credits) Approved in all states listed above.
- July 1, 2022, Friday, 8:45 am to 12:20 pm Eastern time, Zoom webinar CE class
“Ethics for Insurance” (3 CE Credits) Approved in all states listed above. FLORIDA NOTE: This course does not fulfill the new Florida CE requirement for “4 hours of Law and Ethics.”
- “Surety Bonds 101” will be offered again soon.
- “Understanding Financial Statements” will be offered again soon.
- “Advanced Financial Statement Analysis” will be offered again soon.
- “All About Performance and Payment Bonds” will be offered again soon.
- “Commercial and Miscellaneous Bonds” will be offered again soon.
- “Understanding Site and Subdivision Bonds” Will be offered again soon.
- “WIP Schedules – Own Them!” will be offered again soon.
- Pre-Register for multiple upcoming classes. Jump on the FIA CE Express and we will pre-register you for all our upcoming webinars (No obligation. You are not required to attend) It’s easy! One course on the first business day of each month. Type FIA CE Express in the “course” field of the registration form. We’ll send you a reminder prior to each event.
To attend our webinars, please complete the form below and we will send you a confirmation email. Please register at lease two days before the scheduled class date.
Questions? Call us! Steve Golia, Director 856-304-7348
- Q. Are the Continuing Education classes approved by the state? A. Yes, our courses are fully approved by the state insurance departments as indicated above.
- Q. How many credits are provided in each course? A. Three CE credits per course. You can get credits for each course once per license cycle.
- Q. Who may attend these classes? A. ALL agency employees are welcomed to attend our programs. However, only licensed P&C agents are eligible to receive Continuing Education credits.
- Q. How many people from our agency may attend? A. Our maximum per webinar is 100 attendees. Tell your colleagues not to miss it.
- Q. How much do the courses cost? A. All the “Free CE” courses, as you may have surmised, are free, a service of FIA Surety.
- Q. How is the course delivered? A. These are Zoom meetings / webinars you may attend from any computer at work or home.
- Q. Do I need special software? Do I have to buy anything? A. No, Zoom meeting is a free service! You do not need to buy or download anything in advance. You will receive an entry invitation (a link to click) by email prior to the webinar.
- Q. Can I attend the webinar from my home computer? A. Yes. You can attend from any device that enables you to see and hear the webinar, and type in the chat window.
- Q. How do I attend a future course? A. Complete the brief registration form below and press “Submit.” We will send you an acknowledgment that your registration has been processed. If you do not receive an acknowledgment, it means your registration did not go through. Call Steve Golia, School Director: 856-304-7348. About 24 hours before the webinar, we will send you an email with the link to the Zoom meeting. Click the link to enter the meeting on the day indicated.
- Q. Can I take a course immediately before my license renewal date? A. You can take our courses any time during the term of your license. However, time is needed to post and process your credits, therefore we recommend attending the courses at lease 10 days prior to your anniversary.
- Q. What do I need to do during the course? A. To be eligible for CE credits, you must be able to see and hear the webinar. You need to be present continuously, give the program your undivided attention and respond to our attendance verification prompts in the chat window.
- Q. When are the classes held? A. From 8:45 am to 12:15 pm Eastern time zone (includes set-up and break time.) You must be present the entire time to be eligible for CE credits. This is followed by a delicious lunch, provided at your own expense. (:^D)
- Q. Is there a final exam? A. No.
- Bookmark this page! We update the schedule of offerings frequently.
REGISTRATION FORM – Click “SUBMIT” at the end.
NOTE: Add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your contacts to assure you will receive the Zoom meeting link.
If you not attending for CE credits, enter “N/A” for the license info.
Thanks for submitting your registration.