This year is going GREAT for us, and we need to add staff.
FIA is a 40+ year old, family run, (one location) national surety carrier. Here’s your chance to be a “big fish in a small pond!”
Everyone is treated like family, and you can always walk into the big boss’s office for a conversation. Try THAT over at “Humongous Surety Co.”
If you or a friend / colleague are interested, send your resume to Michele Charette: “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Full or Part Time available
The Full or Part-Time Surety Bond Underwriting Assistant works to execute and process Surety Bond business in our Morris Plains office, providing administrative and underwriting support for our Surety Underwriting team.
– Use Surety systems to process new business through data entry
– Applying knowledge and understanding of rating scenarios and producing error free work through strong attention-to-detail. This includes but is not limited to prepare and execute new bonds, riders, enter rates and code new business, renewals, and cancellations.
– Provide underwriting support to Surety Underwriting team (Underwriters, Bond Manager, Office Manager, CEO, etc.) and exemplary service to customers, including agents and clients.
– Assists with customer service inquiries and questions, as well as input new bond transactions. Prepare and verify documents for accuracy prior to entering.
– Assist with billing, premium and commission discrepancies upon request.
– Use excellent written and verbal communication skills to engage with clients, claims professionals, and additional internal and external clients.
– Ability to process transactions within appropriate systems with high level of accuracy
– Must be an organized, detail oriented multi-tasker
– Possess excellent verbal, written and follow-through skills
– Flexibility and teamwork required
– Excellent computer skills in MS Office and ability to learn internal systems
– Strong motivation to consistently deliver services and tasks associated with responsibilities
– Training or experience in customer service & administrative functions
– Ability to effectively interact with internal team members & broker’s office
– Minimum of 2-3 years business experience, preferably in an insurance or financial services
Job Type: Full or Part-time
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Morris Plains, NJ 07950: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
First Indemnity of America Insurance Company
2740 State Route 10, Suite 205
Morris Plains, NJ 07950